Mostly I keep this blog personal work free. However recently I put together a pack of strategy cards on working with analytics and data for my day job at Qlik, more details here. It was a fairly rapid project, 6 weeks from concept to delivery.
It's been a long time since I made something tangible (mostly digital only these days) and it was a real treat. My colleague James Richardson was the writing lead on them and I co-wrote and art directed (and artworked). The images are almost all from public domain sources such as New York Public Library's public domain archive and PublicDomainReview.org, apart from a couple of stock and a few self taken. We had a tight deadline as we wanted to distribute them at an event so we took two approaches to production. The plan was to get the cards offset printed in Singapore by Ho Printing on 420gsm artboard, then shipped and hand collated and boxed by me. Thankfully that worked out great. However, our back up plan was to use the on demand digital card printing service from printerstudio.com. We got a couple of packs as proofs and I want to stress how happy I was with the service and quality of the cards from Printer's Studio. They are really great, the stock is much lighter 310gsm but they still feel high quality as they have a slight linen texture and the colours are great (see, purchase here).
Anyway here's the cards - these are the offset versions (the colour in these pics is a little off as iPhone and indoors).
UPDATE - explore all the cards here https://murraygm.github.io/qlik-bi-strategy-cards/